Re: [O] MobileOrg and tags

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] MobileOrg and tags
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:22:13 -0400

On 7/28/12, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Can you try replacing the call to the function
>
>   (org-global-tags-completion-table)
>
> by a call to the variable `org-tag-alist'?
>
> I'm not using org-mobile.el, so purely a shoot in the dark.

Nope. "org-tag-alist" is empty in my installation, and I didn't find
any code that populates it automatically. Tags are still empty.

> But `org-tag-alist-for-agenda' doesn't seem necessary here,
> and using `org-global-tags-completion-table' is too time
> consuming.

Unfortunately, as far as I can see, (org-global-tags-completion-table)
is the only function that will generate the tag list from multiple
agenda files. Per your comment on my bug report, I tried
(org-get-buffer-tags) but, as I would have expected from the name, it
acquires the tags only from the active buffer when C-c C-x RET p is
called.

I have:

Agenda file 1: { set, of, tags, from, file, 1 }
Agenda file 2: { another, group, of, tags }

If file 1 is the active buffer, then the tags written into the index
are only "set, of, tags, from, file, 1." "Another" and "group" are
omitted.

By (org-get-buffer-tags):
#+TAGS: DC Hadron Lilypond Maybe MusicSoftware NYC SuperCollider TaxQs
TIP Today Todo Trip2012

By (org-global-tags-completion-table):
#+TAGS: Bug DC FarShore Hadron Hard Lament lily Lilypond longC Maybe
midfast MusicSoftware MyConcert NYC Opt SC Sheng SuperCollider TaxQs
TIP Today Todo Trip2012 Wk11Docs Wk11plugs Wk2012

I would rather wait a little longer and have a correct result, than
save time and have the feature not work.

Or have a configuration variable so the user can decide how to
generate the tag list. If the global tag completion table function is
too slow for some, they could manually populate org-tag-alist or...?

hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
address@hidden