Re: [O] are super-hidden technical blocks required?

From: Ivy Foster
Subject: Re: [O] are super-hidden technical blocks required?
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:42:59 -0400

On 30 Jul 2012, at 11:26 am +0900, Torsten Wagner wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> [Because of the problems of syncing and interaction with
> third-party programs] I was wondering if it would be time
> to switch org-mode from text to some sort of XML.

I mostly lurk on this list, but reading the preceding
proposal I figured I should note that, as a user, one of the
key features of org-mode is its lovely simplicity of syntax
and interface. If I really wanted to keep my files in
hand-hacked or generated XML, I could, but I'd much rather
keep 'em in, well, org (-: .

> Would it help [alleviate the problem of property-blocks
> containing mixed user & technical data] to introduce a
> technical-property block which only contains information
> intend to be used by other programs and parsers?

Sounds like an interesting idea.

> This blocks could be hidden under all normal means unlike
> really someone want to see them and hit a special
> key-combo.

Hmm, personally I'd rather have it visible but clearly
labeled. Transparency is nearly always a good thing.

It's great that you're thinking about this stuff, and I'll
look forward to seeing where these ideas go.

Cheers,
iff