Re: [O] Emacs23 on Ubuntu recognizes 'remember', not 'capture'

From: Olaf Meeuwissen
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs23 on Ubuntu recognizes 'remember', not 'capture'
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 08:37:55 +0900

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Rian,
>
> Rian Murphy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Would I have to somehow uninstall emacs 23 and install emacs 22?
>> Any other ideas?
>
> My simple suggestion is to install GNU Emacs 24.1 in all your computers.

Or install Ubuntu's separately packaged org-mode package.  The emacs23
package on Ubuntu and Debian ships with the bundled org-mode version
(6.33, IIRC).  The org-mode package is significantly newer, 7.x.  The
only glitch I've encountered is with accessing the info pages, but you
can work around that by modifying Info-directory-list.

> It contains a more recent Org (> 7.8), which lets you use `org-capture'
> everywhere.

The org-mode package supports org-capture just fine.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962