Re: [O] make test on Mac

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] make test on Mac
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 08:50:06 -0600

> I can't reproduce this on my Emacs.
>
> GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
>  of 2012-07-26 on myhost
>
>> 7 unexpected results:
>>    FAILED  ob-fortran/command-arguments
>>    FAILED  ob-fortran/fortran-var-program
>>    FAILED  ob-fortran/input-var
>>    FAILED  ob-fortran/list-var
>>    FAILED  ob-fortran/list-var-from-table
>>    FAILED  ob-fortran/preprosessor-var
>>    FAILED  ob-fortran/simple-program

Hmm, these tests should only be run if the "gfortran" executable is in
your path.  If it isn't then that is the reason for the failure, and we
should improve the `org-test-for-executable' function for Macs.

Could you paste the actual error message from one of these tests into an
e-mail?  I'm not sure if there is an easy way to run a single test and
see the results, perhaps a Makefile target for running a single test
would be useful?  In the mean time, if you can

1. start Emacs
2. load the test functionality in /testing/org-test.el
3. and run one of these tests with e.g.,
   M-x ert RET ob-fortran/command-arguments RET

that should work to see more specifics on why these tests are failing.

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte