Re: [O] capture template question

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [O] capture template question
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 11:13:04 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> Rather than trying to add various ways of citing links, perhaps it
>> would be nice to have a format code for the literal link to the thing
>> under point at time of capture? What I mean is, something like "%l"
>> so I could do this:
>>
>> * EMAIL Respond to [[%l][%:fromname]]%?
>
> Good idea.  You can now use %l to insert this literal link.

Oh, why I didn't come up with something like that is because the docs
state that %:fromname is not supported by Gnus.

,----[ C-h v org-capture-templates RET ]

------------------------+------------------------------------------------------
| bbdb                    |  %:type %:name %:company
| vm, wl, mh, mew, rmail  |  %:type %:subject %:message-id
|                         |  %:from %:fromname %:fromaddress
|                         |  %:to   %:toname   %:toaddress
|                         |  %:fromto (either "to NAME" or "from NAME")
|                         |  %:date
|                         |  %:date-timestamp (as active timestamp)
|                         |  %:date-timestamp-inactive (as inactive timestamp)
| gnus                    |  %:group, for messages also all email fields
| w3, w3m                 |  %:type %:url
| info                    |  %:type %:file %:node
| calendar                |  %:type %:date
`----

Should gnus also by in the list of vm, wl, mh, mew, and rmail?

Bye,
Tassilo