[O] Use nomencl package with latex exporter?

From: Johan Ekh
Subject: [O] Use nomencl package with latex exporter?
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 11:24:02 +0200

Hi all,
I use the default latex exporter in org-mode v7.8 to write documents using a custom latex class which is built on "article".
I would like to use the "nomencl" latex package if possible.

I have a latex src block before the first exported headline that looks like

#+begin_latex
lots of stuff
.
.
.
\makenomenclature
\printnomenclature
#+end_latex

and then I have additional src blocks that looks like

#+begin_latex
\nomenclature[c]{$\bm{q}^e$}{loads in all nodes belonging to element $e$\nomunit{[N]}}%
#+end_latex

throughout my document.

Is this a viable approach? And how can I execute the "makeindex" program to actually generate the
nomenlature list? My route to pdf looks like

(setq org-latex-to-pdf-process
        '("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode %b"
          "bibtex %b"
          "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode %b"
          "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode %b"))

From the shell I usually run something like

makeindex filename.nlo -s nomencl.ist -o filename.nls

followed by latex or pdflatex, but how can I get the exporter to do this?

/Johan