Re: [O] org-elements: list in drawer

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] org-elements: list in drawer
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 21:01:32 +0200

Hi Nicolas

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

>>   ,:MYDRAWER:
>>   ,- a paragraph longer than one line, a paragraph longer than one
>> line, a paragraph longer than one line
>>   ,:END:
>> #+END_SRC
>
> What do you want to fill here?  Theres a an item on a single line, then
> a paragraph outside the list below.

The Org source block was chosen here to show with the comma where a
line starts really in Org and where it has been wrapped by email. The
drawer contains one list with one item, on one single long line before
filling. I want to fill it into several lines, just like it happens
when “:MYDRAWER:” and “:END:” are removed before.

>> org-fill-paragraph recognizes a plain list but I think it should be a
>> paragraph, like when without the drawer. org-element-parse-buffer
>> looks to me as I would expect, org-element-at-point on the list item
>> looks wrong to me.
>
> I don't understand.  What should be a paragraph?

The “paragraph” from `org-element-parse-buffer', here the excerpt of
the drawer content:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (plain-list
   (:type unordered :begin 32 :end 135
          :contents-begin 32 :contents-end 134 :structure
          ((32 0 "- " nil nil nil 134))
          :post-blank 1 :parent #2)
   (item
    (:bullet "- " :begin 32 :end 134 :contents-begin 34 :contents-end 135
             :checkbox nil :counter nil :hiddenp nil :structure
             ((32 0 "- " nil nil nil 134))
             :post-blank 1 :tag nil :parent #3)
    (paragraph
     (:begin 34 :end 135 :contents-begin 34 :contents-end 135
             :post-blank 0 :parent #4)
     "a paragraph longer [...] longer than one line\n")))
#+END_SRC

> Why does `org-element-at-point' look wrong?

The “drawer” is inside the list and I miss “item” and its “paragraph”:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (plain-list
   (:type unordered :begin 32 :end 135
          :contents-begin 32 :contents-end 134 :structure
          ((32 0 "- " nil nil nil 134))
          :post-blank 1 :parent
          (drawer
           (:begin 21 :end 141 :drawer-name "MYDRAWER" :hiddenp nil
                   :contents-begin 32 :contents-end 135
                   :post-blank 0 :parent nil))))
#+END_SRC

I thought that it should be exactly the same as the excerpt shown
above.

Michael