[O] :dir argument does not seem to be working

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] :dir argument does not seem to be working
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:05:04 -0500

Here's a hopefully reproducible example:

----------

* Test

#+header: :dir C:/Users/username/Desktop :file test.png
#+begin_src R :session R :results output graphics :exports results
setwd("C:/Users/username/Documents")
x <- 1:10
y <- x^2
plot(x,y)
#+end_src

----------

I prefer to use R on Linux, but need to stay in Windows at work
sometimes. I'm trying to export my plots to a different directory than
the org file I'm using. I tend to start R in
"C:/Users/username/Documents" on Windows 7 because that's where I set
my library directory and R has trouble loading things if I don't start
there first, load my libraries, and then move to my data directory.

In any case, for the above, when I switch to the R session called =R=,
and do =getwd()= I get C:/Users/username/Documents, which is where the
png ends up, not on the Desktop.

Is this something in my usage I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
John