Re: [O] Using org-mode as day planner

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Using org-mode as day planner
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 10:48:44 -0500

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 4:34 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Date trees are the obvious way to be able to do this, but they don't
>> have any of the neat search functionality that I know of.
>
> Can you describe the search functionality you would like for date-trees?
> I'm not sure I groked it.

Date trees allow for a very nice way for filing notes in chronological
order, but =C-c / dateRange= does not work for date trees. Previously,
active time stamps worked, but I didn't want all my notes showing up
in my agenda, so I just dealt with not having a great solution. Then
you provided one with the sparse-tree search timestamp-type selection
ability, which rocks.

Date trees are still the best way to use capture for foolproof
chronological storage of notes quickly... but I wouldn't be able to
extract notes in a particular date-range with current functionality.

Someone provided me with a capture template that would automatically
put things in the right place with inactive stamps, so that might have
solved my issue.

John