Re: [O] [GSoC] Org-sync v0.2

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [O] [GSoC] Org-sync v0.2
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:30:58 -0400

Aurélien Aptel writes:

> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Christopher Allan Webber
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> This is *very* exciting.  I'm definitely interested in using this for
>> MediaGoblin if I can.
>
> Thanks. I've just looked at MediaGoblin but I don't think it fits what
> Org-sync was designed for, which is sync with bugtrackers or anything
> equivalent i.e. a list of something with an open/closed state with at
> least a title and a unique id.

Just to be clear: by this I meant I'm the lead developer of MediaGoblin
and I meant I wanted to use it to help me keep track of MediaGoblin's
bugtracker stuff, not that I wanted to use it for interacting with
MediaGoblin the application. :)

>>  - I'd like to pull down the description and keep the TODO states in
>>    sync, but I'm not sure I want editing local descriptions to affect
>>    the description remotely.  In fact I'm pretty sure I don't want to do
>>    that!  I'd just like the initial state then be able to munge it
>>    however.  Is that possible?
>
> That's possible and should be easy to implement, I'll see.

That would be really great!  Let me know if you make progress on that.