Re: [O] Exporting inline code sections

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting inline code sections
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:20:03 -0400

Ken Williams <address@hidden> wrote:

> > C-h v org-src-preserve-indentation RET
>
> Okay, I was stepping through org-edit-src-exit with the emacs debugger, get=
> ting my bearings - but now for the life of me I can't get the debugger to t=
> rigger when entering that function anymore.  I do `M-x debug-on-entry org-e=
> dit-src-exit`, then put my point in a table.el table and hit `C-c '`, then =
> hit `C-c '` again to exit the editing buffer, and no debugging happens.  Ca=
> n someone think of why that might be?

You might want to try edebug instead of the standard debugger, but the
following steps might help in any case (with appropriate translations).

I have had such problems and I try the following steps (in increasing
order of desperation):

o quitting out of any existing debug sessions and/or error backtraces
  and try again.

o M-x top-level and try again.

o reload the file (uncompiled) and redo the M-x edebug-defun - btw,
  there are convenient shorthands: C-M-x to reevaluate the defun and turn
  off edebug and C-u C-M-x to enable edebug on the defun. Then try again.

o restart emacs and try again.

o reboot the machine and try again :-)

Nick