Re: [O] Linking back to archive

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Linking back to archive
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 01:02:05 +0200

* Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi list,

Hi Marcelo!

> I have a gtd.org with my projects and next actions as org items. When I'm
> done with them, I archive, and they go to gtd.org_archive.
>
> Sometimes, I create a new org file for a project, to keep notes and other
> reference material. Let's say I have this in my gtd.org:
>
> * Project :project:
>    file://~/org/reference/project.org
> ** TODO Foo
> ** TODO Bar

Not an answer to your direct question but a comment:

I am linking entries in my Org files with IDs:

* ProjectA
  :PROPERTIES:
  :ID: projA
  :END:

... will be linked as id:projA and this works in all of my (agenda?)
files.

You just have to make sure that the ID is unique. I am using
datestamps as starting strings so that I only have to make them
unique for one day :-)  (like: 2012-08-16projA)

HTH

--
Karl Voit