Re: [O] [GSoC] Org Merge Driver Update

From: Andrew Young
Subject: Re: [O] [GSoC] Org Merge Driver Update
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 04:24:34 -0400

Hello Simon,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Simon Thum <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> sorry to report less exciting things. I could not compile - the repo
> contains two invalid links into my system:
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 simon users    38 Aug 18 04:01 tap-driver.sh ->
> /usr/share/automake-1.12/tap-driver.sh
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 simon users    36 Aug 18 04:01 test-driver ->
> /usr/share/automake-1.12/test-driver
>
> I'm on gentoo and do not have automake 1.12. Using a link not the right
> thing IMO.

I believe I've fixed the issue, I hadn't realized they were links.
They should be updated with the actual files now. Thanks for reporting
it.

> II removed those from being referenced in source files and came farther,
> only for gcc to balk on
>
> doc_ref.h:54:3: error: redefinition of typedef ‘doc_ref’
> doc_ref.h:31:24: note: previous declaration of ‘doc_ref’ was here
> doc_ref.h: In function ‘doc_ref_check_for_circular_conflict’:
>
> and other such occurrences.
>
> I'm not sure about the cause, but maybe typedefs conflict with struct names?

It seems that a lot of my typedefs may not be valid c, but are
accepted by newer versions of gcc and some other compilers. I only get
a warning if I enable -pedantic using "gcc version 4.7.1 20120721
(prerelease) (GCC)".

I'm in the process of cleaning up my headers and should have something
for you soon. In the meantime, I believe upgrading gcc should make the
issue disappear. Let me know if I'm completely wrong :-)

> HTH,
>
> Simon

Thanks for trying out the merge driver. it's much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Andrew