[O] Do Groff letter modes work in latest git?

From: Myles English
Subject: [O] Do Groff letter modes work in latest git?
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 14:36:22 +0100

Hi,

Following the announcement that writing letters was possible using the
Groff exporter in this thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-08/msg00416.html

I decided to have a go but the resulting pdf does not look much like a
letter, more like a memo, and the tags :FROM: :TO: etc are still visible
in the text.  I was expecting a nicely formatted letter.

Steps to reproduce:

1. starting emacs with emacs -Q and loading org-mode via the latest git
   head at ~/.emacs.d/plugins/org-mode

(add-to-list 'load-path
             "~/.emacs.d/plugins/org-mode/lisp")
(require 'org-install)

(add-to-list 'load-path
             "/home/myles/.emacs.d/plugins/org-mode/contrib/lisp")
(require 'org-e-groff)

2. open an org document containing:

#+AUTHOR: Mickey Mouse
#+TITLE: Example from Worg
#+GROFF_CLASS: letter

* FROM                                                                 :FROM:
Joe Smith
00 Street
City, ST, 00000
* TO                                                                     :TO:
Maria Rivera
Urbanizacion Palma Lejos
Calle 22, Bloque A, Numero 10
Ciudad, ES, 00000
* BODY                                                                 :BODY:
letter content
* Copy to                                                                :NS:
Jill Brown

3. M-x org-e-groff-export-to-pdf

4. open the resulting pdf

Can anyone see where I may be going wrong?

Thanks,

Myles