Re: [O] GNU Emacs ported to Android

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [O] GNU Emacs ported to Android
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:42:13 +0100

On 21/08/12 16:22, Karl Voit wrote:

I just stumbled upon
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zielm.emacs&hl=en

It is still in an early phase but still I am dreaming of having
Org-mode on my XOOM tablet ... :-)

HW/SW-keyboard is still an issue here IMHO. The Ctrl/ESC keys of my
freedom pro HW-Bluetooth-keyboard does not seem to work on Android
:-( I tried it for using mutt/slrn over ConnectBot/ssh ...

Anybody else sharing experiences with Emacs or HW-keyboards on
Android?

Thanks for the heads up. Off to play. The android Hackers Keyboard has Ctrl, Alt, etc. I use it to run Emacs via a terminal. However, a hardware keyboard that worked would be great.

Ian.