Re: [O] TODO keyword completion bug

From: Aidan Gauland
Subject: Re: [O] TODO keyword completion bug
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 07:43:56 +1200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi Aidan,
> Aidan Gauland <address@hidden> writes:
>> I have some (buffer-local) keywords defined that contain dashes to
>> separate words (because I couldn't think of a single word that would be
>> clear).  M-<TAB> completion does not appear to work for these keywords.
>>
>> This has made me reconsider my choice of keywords, but since they're
>> valid keywords, shouldn't they be valid candidates for completion
>> (i.e. is this a bug)?
>
> "Keywords" is ambiguous here.
>
> TODO keywords like "MY-TODO" complete fine with M-TAB.
>
> #+MY_KEYWORD does not complete fine with M-TAB, but since this keyword
> appears in the buffer anyway, you can simply use M-/.

OK, so I'll just use M-/.

I have the keywords defined with #+TODO:.  I just tried playing around
with them a bit, and I have found that the "problem" is not exactly as I
thought: keywords with dashes, such as MY-TODO, do not complete with
M-TAB if I try to complete from after the dash, i.e. M-TAB on MY- does
not complete.  TODO keyword completion does not work at all if there is
already a headline, e.g. * TO[M-TAB here] Buy bread

So, if this is a bug, I now have a workaround; if it's not a bug, then I
now know how to properly use TODO completion.  I'll leave it to you (the
Org-mode devs) to decide whether to treat this as a bug.

Thanks,
Aidan Gauland