[O] Problems with displaying .png images in a buffer (was: Re: Problems

From: Pierfranco Minsenti
Subject: [O] Problems with displaying .png images in a buffer (was: Re: Problems with diacritics in Mountain Lion + Org Mode)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 15:12:49 +0200

Thank you Bastien: you were right: one of my previous settings was the problem: the use as the default font of TeX Gyre Termes which so far I had not yet installed on this computer with Mountain Lion.
Sorry for asking for help because of this stupid mistake.

So far I find only this other problem in using Org Mode on Mountain Lion: on the previous computer with Lion when using Org mode I was able to display in a buffer a .png image when I clicked on an hyperlink in an Org mode file which pointed to this type of file.

Now If I do the same this message is displayed:

Cannot display image: (Cannot determine image type)

(by the way: the hyperlink to the file is correct and in fact when I export the Org file to LibreOffice the .png image is rightly displayed).

In my Emacs settings the option Image File Name Extensions
contains a list of extensions among which the .png

and Auto Image File Mode is set on

So any idea what is the right configuration for displaying in a buffer a .png image when using Org mode?

Pierfranco

2012/8/24 Bastien <address@hidden>
Hi Pierfranco,

Pierfranco Minsenti <address@hidden> writes:

> What should I do to check which version of Emacs is charged when I
> use the Terminal application?

M-x emacs-version RET
M-x org-version RET

I'm not a Mac user, but I'm pretty sure ~$ emacs from the Terminal
is *not* linked to the Aquamacs executable.

I don't know what is the equivalent to "~$ emacs -Q" for launching
a bare Aquamacs instance, but maybe for now just remove any .emacs.el
and see if the problem comes from your configuration?

--
 Bastien