Re: [O] Preserving the geometry of a table range

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Preserving the geometry of a table range
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:33:29 +0200

Hi Jarmo

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Jarmo Hurri <address@hidden> wrote:
> I ran into this problem while trying to make a contribution by
> implementing functions corresponding to vlookup and hlookup in
> traditional spreadsheets.  I have only used relatively basic properties
> of org, so there might be a simple solution that I just don't know.

Only now I see that this second part with the actual problem of your
original post is still unanswered. Does this help?:

| key (ordered) | val |   | val (ordered) | key |
|             8 | foo |   | bar           |  42 |
|            42 | bar |   | foo           |   8 |
#+TBLFM: $5 = '(nth (position $4 '(@<<$2..@>$2) :test 'equal) '(@<<$1..@>$1))

Michael