Re: [O] Including multiple plots resulting from a loop of R code in LaTe

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Including multiple plots resulting from a loop of R code in LaTeX
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:16:31 -0500

> Disregard again... adding multiple newlines with cat() doesn't work,
> but I had the idea to do:
>
> cat(paste("[[../plots/",filename,"]]",sep=""), sep="\n")
> cat("\n")
>
> Works great. I suppose I can use this to add #+attr_latex options as
> well as captions. Cool stuff.

Getting a bit of odd behavior on LaTeX export. Here's the gist of my
block below. I've iterated through various model parameters and saved
the results to filenames based on those parameters. These are stored
in a vector =filenames=.

#+begin_src R :session model :results output raw :exports results

for(i in 1:nrow(filenames)) {

# insert section header
cat(paste("*Param1 = ", as.character(params[i, 1]),
          "; Param2 = ", as.character(params[i, 2]),"*", sep=""))
cat("\n\n")
cat("#+begin_center")
cat("\n")

read.csv(filename)

for(j in 1:5) {

ggplot code

pdf(output-filename)
print(p)
dev.off()

cat(paste("[[../plots/",output-filename,"]]",sep=""), sep="\n")
cat("\n")

} # end plotting loop

cat("#+end_center")
cat("\n\n")

} # end filename cycling loop

#+end_src

I get results like so:

#+RESULTS:
*Param1 = 4; Param2 = 0.025*

#+begin_center
[[../plots/filename1.pdf]]

[[../plots/filename2.pdf]]

[[../plots/filename3.pdf]]

[[../plots/filename4.pdf]]

[[../plots/filename5.pdf]]

#+end_center

There are six of these sections, however when I do C-c C-c on the
block and then C-c C-e p to export to LaTeX, I get duplicate sections
back to back. I have to delete the entire results section and only do
C-c C-e p with an empty results section to have the duplicate removed.

Why might this be?

John