Re: [O] LaTeX export \listoffigures

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export \listoffigures
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 01:43:07 -0400

Henri-Paul Indiogine <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I am using orgmode with export to LaTeX to write my dissertation.   My
> thanks to all codes and contributors.  Without org-mode it would take
> me even more time.
>
> I am wondering how to have the LaTeX command \listoffigures
> automatically added by the export function.
>
> I have the following from the top of the org file:
>
> #+TAGS: noexport(n) chp(c) sec(s) subsec(b) temp(t) app(a)
> #+LaTeX_CLASS: book
> #+LaTeX_header: \usepackage[margin=2.5cm]{geometry}
> #+LaTeX_header: \usepackage{appendix}
> #+LANGUAGE: en
> #+TODO: VOID(v) STRT(s) COMP(c) REVD(r) DONE(d)
> #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
> #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
>
> So, I know how to add packages in the preamble.  However,
> \listoffigures does not go in the preamble but soon after
> \begin{document} and \tableofcontents
>
> It seems that the "book" LaTeX class automatically adds
> \tableofcontents.  How can I tweak that to add \listoffigures and
> maybe \listoftables ?

No, it's the exporter itself that adds the \tableofcontents - or not:
with

\tableofcontents will not be generated.

In any case, in the same way that you can add something to the preamble
with #+LaTeX_header, you can add something to the document with
#+LATEX. The trick is to add it first thing so that it goes right after
the \tableofcontents:

#+LATEX: \listoffigures

* foo
foo "a b c" bar