Re: [O] Google-weather.el and the Latest Git Version of Org-mode

From: Carson Chittom
Subject: Re: [O] Google-weather.el and the Latest Git Version of Org-mode
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 08:19:27 -0500

Jude DaShiell <address@hidden> writes:

> It might be near time to investigate wunderground.com and loose google for
> weather before igoogle disappears.  Other weather sites capable of text
> output may also be available, I haven't investigated that yet.

For those in the US, the National Weather Service has forecasts
available in XML, which could be parsed, requestable via latitude and
longitude.  I haven't done anything with that other than noting its
existence.  URL seems to be
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=xx.xxxx&lon=yy.yyyy&FcastType=dwml