[O] question/suggestions about org-refile

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [O] question/suggestions about org-refile
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 10:45:45 -0700

Hello

I'm using org-capture together with org-refile to organize my
todo-items. I also have my notes distributed over several org-files, so
I have set org-refile-use-outline-path to file. There are two things
that I wished org-refile could do, but don't know how to achieve:

a) Include local headers for level1 (instead of only file names)

Using org-refile-use-outline-path=file the path for org refile always
has to start with the file name. It would be great, if in case I don't
give a file name, the current file name would be assumed and <tab> would
show org-file names and current top headings for the first level. This
would be helpful, since I mostly refile to the same file, but sometimes
move things to other files.

b) creating sublevels on the fly

It would be nice, if I could create new a sublevel during the refiling
process. That is, if I have something like

* A
** B

I could refile to A/B/new/ and org-mode would ask me if I want to create
a new subheading with a y/n question. At the moment I get a "no match"
error.

Is this already possible with the current org-mode or can it easily be
added?

thanks

ARUN