Re: [O] list-load-path-shadows

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] list-load-path-shadows
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 10:58:38 -1000

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

>> > What happens if you bypass the alias?
>> >

>> > If it still doesn't work, I'll give up: MacOS emacs seems to be a very
>> > different beast from any emacs I know.
>> >
>> > Nick
>>
>> Hi Nick,
>>
>> Apparently a very different beast :(
>>
> One more attempt: do long options work?
>
> /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs --quick
> --load=/Users/dk/temp/.emacs

Hi Nick,

Yes, long options do work, even with the alias.

emacs starts up, skips my initialization files, and loads the minimal
.emacs.  M-x locate-library RET org-latex RET points to the org
identified in the minimal .emacs.

I guess this means that all is well on the org end :)  And that my old
initialization files didn't make the upgrade to emacs 24 and the
emacs 24 starter kit :(

Thanks for all your help.

Tom

--