[O] Cached agenda views?

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [O] Cached agenda views?
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 08:54:04 -0500

Hi list,

It's a known fact that the more files you put into the agenda, the more likely it is to become slower. I've started using Memacs a few weeks ago, and my agenda is still very useable, but significantly slower than before (due to the big amount of temporal data being processed from my gmail emails and git logs).

I was wondering if it would be possible to NOT regenerate the agenda everytime.

I think this would mean parsing the org files and dumping the elisp objects created somehow. This way, when visiting the agenda again, it would be loaded from the objects dump and would not go through the parsing of all the agenda files again, unless forced by the user; or within a specific time, via a cron or internal emacs timer. This would also, in theory, allow the agenda to be constantly regenerated in a background worker process.

What do you think?

Cheers,

- Marcelo.