Re: [O] Store org-files in a git repository?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Store org-files in a git repository?
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 10:45:31 +0200

Moritz Ulrich writes:
> I plan to put my org directory (where I keep among other my agenda
> files) under version control and would like to have some sort of
> specialized function for that.
>
> My dream setup would be a range of functions hooking into all sorts of
> org-mode hooks, automatically committing changes done via the agenda or
> other org functions together with a context dependent commit message.

»The road to hell is paved with good intentions.« — proverb

What you're proposing (if I understand it correctly) would introduce
transactions to Org and with it the non-trivial problem of determining
when a transaction is finished (and started, but that's really another
one).  Git would merely be the mechanism to record the transactions and
probably not a good one at that even with the merge driver.

THat aside, even if it worked I'm sure it would annoy me so much I'd
switch it off entirely.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: