[O] [NEWBIE ALERT] can i *selectively* expand collapse sections/subsecti

From: Robert P. J. Day
Subject: [O] [NEWBIE ALERT] can i *selectively* expand collapse sections/subsections of my .org file?
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 06:36:30 -0400 (EDT)

  just diving into org-mode to write my first beamer presentation, and
i have a simple question that i'm sure is answered in the manual
somewhere but can i selectively expand and collapse sections or
subsections of my .org file as i can with emacs' normal outline mode?

  i can see how SHIFT-TAB cycles through:

  * totally collapsed(?)
  * expanded to show section titles at all levels
  * fully expanded to show entire file

i just want the equivalent of outline mode to pick any section and
expand/collapse with, say, C-c C-s, but it seems clear that's not what
i'd use here.

  help?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca