Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 16:49:45 +0530

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien writes:
>> Let's take the easy road then.
>
> I'll work on that in maint, is this OK?
>
>> I'd suggest org+ as the name of the package.
>
> Hmm… I'd rather avoid that since "+" is a reserved character in file
> names on some systems.  How about orgplus?
>
>> Hosting it on something like orgmode.org/pkg/daily/elpa_ would
>> do I guess, then the ELPA servers would have to download it.
>
> What I don't know is how to make sure that only one of these packages
> gets installed.  It could become quite confusing if someone decides to
> install both and have different versions of them.  The package manager
> knows to remove an older version of the same package, but I don't think
> you can tell it to remove a different package, so we need to educate the
> prospective user to do this.  Suggestions?

Package manager will download and upgrade the dependency if needed.

Bundle the exporters in to say org-extras*.tar or org-devel-*.tar and
then have that package depend on the right version of org-*.tar.

We can provide different URLs for gnu and non-gnu packages.  So that
users will know what to test with more rigour.