Re: [O] Creating Gantt charts by Exporting to TaskJuggler 3.3.0

From: Yann Hodique
Subject: Re: [O] Creating Gantt charts by Exporting to TaskJuggler 3.3.0
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:55:07 +0200

>> Am 14.09.2012 17:09, schrieb:
>>> Hi, Seb,
>>> almost one month ago Yann Hodique proposed 10 patches for the taskjuggler
>>> exporter,
>>> please see:
>>>

>>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/58851
>>>
>>> Bastien has a branch with these patches, but he'll apply them
>>> when he will have received the FSF papers signed.
>>> I hope soon :-)
>>>
>>> But I'm pretty sure you can apply them to your file.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>
>> Giovanni
>>

> Hi Giovanni,

> thanks for info. I will give this a try when I'll find the time.
> At the moment, because of the scrambled handling of task_ids it
> is not really usable. Let's see what he fixed in it.

Hi,

actually, those patches have been merged in master already (now that the
paperwork is in order :))

That said, I don't think it'll fix anything regarding task_id handling.
I started using TJ with versions 3.x, so I'm not sure what problem
you're talking about exactly.

At the moment I'm kinda contemplating doing a major rewrite of the TJ
exporter to use the org-export framework, which would make it easier to
introduce things like task references through org links, and so on. If
I can fix a thing or two in the process, I'd be happy to. So, if you
have specific limitations in mind, feel free to elaborate.

Cheers,

Yann.

--
All technology is suspect, and must be considered potentially dangerous.

  -- BUTLERIAN JIHAD, Handbook for Our Grandchildren