Re: [O] Differences between MobileOrg and MobileOrgNG

From: eckl . robert
Subject: Re: [O] Differences between MobileOrg and MobileOrgNG
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 00:53:13 +0200

Henning Weiss wrote:

>> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Robert Eckl wrote:

>> If i Push the org-files under Windows with MobileOrg the different
>> org-files are not synced, but with MobileOrgNG they are. If i push the
>> org-files under Mac OS, the org-files are synced even with MobileOrg.

> This sounds like a known bug with org-mode on Windows, as it does not
> generate a complete checksum file. See the discussion here. It seems
> that changing from sha1sum.exe to md5sum.exe for the generation of the
> checksum file fixes that issue.

Thank you very much for the hint. Changing sha1sum.exe to md5sum.exe did
not change anything for me, but changing from Gnuwin sha1sum/md5sum to
the one from ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/sha1sum.exe seems to fix
the issue for me.

I hope, other issues are fixed too. Sometimes org-mobile-push crashes
because of IIRC unexpected hashes. If I remove the related
agenda-file(s), do the push, and then add the files to the agenda-files
the push sometimes is succesfull. I have no idea, how to fix it.

Cu,
Robert