Re: [O] Digest configuration

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Digest configuration
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 08:29:50 +0800

On Sep 18, 2012 6:26 PM, "Bastien" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > There must be a smarter way to group messages into digests so that no
> > single digest is too big, while messages don't get lost.
>
> I assume this is about mailman digests.
>
> If so, please report this to the mailman developers.
>
> We don't have any way to fix this from here.

I'm also subscribed to the lilypond-users list, also hosted at gnu.org, and its digests have the same format, so I assume it's also mailman. Lilypond-users, however, delivers several digests per day and there seems to be a size cap on each one. If there are more posts in a day, I get more digests, not one longer digest.

So I suppose the maximum digest size is already configurable without logging an issue with the mailman devs.

hjh