Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 19:24:26 +0200

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> I've just pushed a first implementation of an orgplus ELPA archive.

thanks a lot and sorry to be late on this.

I'll test this after tomorrow (I'm offline tomorrow), I'll try to set
this up on the server then.  If there are any direction you can think
of, please email me in private.

> I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.  There are now two
> ELPA packages — org and orgplus — that shouldn't be installed at the
> same time.

Thinking again of it, I find "orgplus" confusing in this case.

If a longer name is not a problem, I suggest "org-with-contribs", it
clearly state that this is org with contribs.  There are dired+ and
friends that are just extensions to dired (and friends), so orgplus
would suggest this contains the extensions to Org.

> BTW, rolling more than one EPLA package per day is currently a bad
> idea.

Agreed.

I suggest having daily builds and deleting packages that are older
than the last stable release.  I'll update Jason on this.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien