Re: [O] Feature Request: Per-file attachment directories

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Feature Request: Per-file attachment directories
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 17:15:24 -0400

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:

> Daniel E. Doherty <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > Org Mode-erists:
> >
> > I like the attachment facility of Org for organizing external files
> > related to a project, but it seems to lack an obvious feature.
> >
> > I use a separate org file for each major project, which in my case are
> > law suits.  I would like to have a custom attachment directory specified
> > at the top of the file for all attachments related to the project, have
> > it inherited by all headings, and be able to specify a custom directory
> > for a heading relative to that file-wide attachment directory.
> >
> > I have tried this:
> >
> > #+PROPERTY: :ATTACH_DIR_INHERIT: t
> > #+PROPERTY: :ATTACH_DIR: ~/cases/Client Name/Case Name/

One more thing: I have no idea if spaces in the pathname are going to be
a problem.  A cursory test indicates that it's probably OK:
(org-entry-get nil "ATTACH-DIR") returns the whole pathname, spaces and
everything. But if things break, that's one thing that you might want to
change before giving up.

Nick