Re: [O] Emacs lisp code export difference between `org-export-region-as-

From: thorne
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs lisp code export difference between `org-export-region-as-html' and `org-export-as-html'
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 00:05:28 -0600

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM, thorne <address@hidden> wrote:
>      (defun render-one (file)
>        (with-temp-buffer
>          (insert-file file)
>          (org-export-as-html nil nil nil 'string t)))

Well, I still don't know why it behaves the way I've described, but it
works the way I want if instead of the above function, I use:

(defun render-one (file)
  (save-excursion
    (let ((buffer (set-buffer (find-file file))))
      (setq rtn (org-export-as-html nil nil nil 'string t))
      (kill-buffer buffer)
      rtn)))

-- using find-file and messing with the buffer stuff by hand, instead
of using `with-temp-buffer' and `insert-file', which later strikes me
as neater, and possibly faster (I am using it in batch to process
multiple files) but the other way works, so that's fine.  Thanks.