Re: [O] Breadcrumbs?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Breadcrumbs?
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:25:29 +0200

Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" writes:
>>> You can bind this to a speed command.
>>
>> SPC in column 0 does already do that, doesn't it?
>
> Yes.

And here a small extension to your function, in order to add a more visible
color to the displayed path:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          (lambda() (add-to-list 'mode-line-format
                                 '(:eval (org-propertize
                                          (org-display-outline-path nil t t)
                                         'face 'mode-line-emphasis
                                         'help-echo "Outline path")) t)))
#+end_src

Could we imagine the displayed outline path to be separated by " / " instead
of by "/", that is:

    "Tasks / Add color to modeline / Check function org-propertize"

instead of:

    "Tasks/Add color to modeline/Check function org-propertize"?

That way, it would as well be equivalent to what's displayed by helm-imenu.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban