Re: [O] org-metaup / org-metadown nerfed in 7.9.1

From: Trevor Vartanoff
Subject: Re: [O] org-metaup / org-metadown nerfed in 7.9.1
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:09:31 -0400

Jonathan,

I should have been more clear on what I meant by "basic", quite idiotic of me and sorry for the confusion.

If you write ten words on ten lines, you can't shift things around anymore until you've put everything into an Official Orgmode Endorsed Structure of some kind. Sometimes I don't need to bother. Sometimes while I'm creating the list, I don't decide until later whether to make it headings or list, and I need to be able to shift its items around first.

Org-mode successfully taught me that I can move _everything_ around. I've happily adapted to this freedom, and now it wants to take it away. So, I apologize for my whining, but to me it it is as unexpected as if I updated Emacs and the macros stopped working.