Re: [O] custom agenda view w/ tag filtering?

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] custom agenda view w/ tag filtering?
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:49:07 -0400

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> (You forgot to CC the list...)
>
> Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hi Matt,

>>> AFAIU yes: C-h v org-agenda-tag-filter-preset RET
>>>

>> this is cool and helpful.  I guess what I still don't understand is
>> how to construct a weekly agenda with the filter preset.  Would it be
>> something like this:
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>> '((.....)
>>   (.....)
>>   ("t" agenda
>>      (( org-agenda-tag-filter-preset ("+teaching") )  )
>>  )
>>
>> ?
>
> Yes.
>
>> None of the examples in the manual
>> (http://orgmode.org/manual/Storing-searches.html#Storing-searches)
>> seem to define an agenda view organized by date.  at least, not as far
>> s I can tell.  Thank you again!
>
> Well, that's aonther issue -- the "agenda agenda" view (not the "TODO
> agenda" view) is ordered by time... but it's true that a TODO agenda
> view is not.  A feature I've some code for, but not for now.

thanks Bastien.  this is nonetheless almost exactly what I wanted, so
thank you so much for the help.  the code I used was in the end calls
org-agenda-filter-preset instead of binding
org-agenda-tag-filter-preset, because I don't know the right syntax
for the latter:

        ("t" agenda "Teaching Agenda"
         (( org-agenda-filter-preset '("+teaching") )  ) )