Re: [O] iOS MobileOrg transition updates

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [O] iOS MobileOrg transition updates
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 20:25:26 -0400

Kyle Sexton <address@hidden> writes:

> ** App Store
> A new version of the application has been published on iTunes connect
> and is awaiting Apple's review before being added to the Apple
> store.
>
> Because of encryption export laws, the feature to do encryption
> on org files has been *removed* until I can get the application
> registered with the government, don't update if you utilize this
> feature.  There is also a warning about this removal in the
> description of the application.

Thanks for being careful about warning people.   Presumably the result
would be unreadable files on the phone, not a loss of confidentiality,

> ** Documentation for MobileOrg
> Confluence is an easy to use wiki system that we have been granted an
> open-source license for, but users may prefer something based on Worg
> for maintaining information.  Any preference which direction I should
> build the website?

Note that I am not likely to do anything useful either way.

In general, I oppose using proprietary tools to maintain open-source
projects.  So I would avoid Confluence, if i followed your description.

I'd like to see 2-way calendar sync from org to caldav, but that's not
really about org-mobile.