Re: [O] Combining multiple org files as chapters in a thesis

From: Subhasis Ray
Subject: Re: [O] Combining multiple org files as chapters in a thesis
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 20:19:49 +0530

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Subhasis,

Just a small remark:

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 06:52:56PM +0530, Subhasis Ray wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am trying to write my thesis using org-mode and followed this thread:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2007-12/msg00034.html.
> But instead of putting everything in one file, I was creating one file for
> each chapter with the assumption that like LaTeX I should be able to
> combine them in one master file.
> I am able to export each chapter individually into PDF. I tried to include
> them in the master file as this:
>
> #+include "~/Documents/thesis/introduction.org"
> #+include "~/Documents/thesis/chapter1.org"
> #+include "~/Documents/thesis/chapter2.org"
> #+include "~/Documents/thesis/discussion.org"

I believe your syntax here is incorrect.  It should be:

  #+include: "/path/to/org/file.org"

Welcome to Org mode; I wrote my thesis in Org mode last year although I
went with the one-big-file way.

Cheers,

Thanks for your response. I just checked that both forms work. Actually I had inserted the files interactively using the org key binding: <I TAB.
I did come across your posts in the mailing list. Your contributions have been useful.
Subhasis