Re: [O] org-anywhere

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] org-anywhere
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:50:02 +0200

I use Org in similar manners, i.e. for writing stuff and as a
calendar.

> So, for the way my brain thinks, there are a few org-mode design
> features that get in the way.

> - scheduled and deadline dates cannot be stored in drawers

That would be nice, yes.

> - I would like a org-remove-all-(flow)-guff option

That would be nice.  At the moment, I remove most stuff during export,
but having a zen file in Emacs would also be nice.  One of the reasons
why I use Org over plain LaTeX is that it contains less clutter.  And
clutter can often be

Perhaps something like fold mode of AUCTex would be useful.  I.e. all
deadline markers would be replace by a [d] which folds out when the
cursor is on [d].  It might even be possible with the magic which
replaces \delta with δ in org buffers. . .

> Does anyone have similar issues?  I'd like to have a go at fixing
> some of this but would like to know if it would be generally useful
> to others, and what priorities may be.

Less clutter is always good.

In general, one of the big clutters in my files are big chucks of
LaTeX math, but I don't have any idea how to make it nicer than it is.

--
. . . The proofs are technical in nature and provides no real understanding.