Re: [O] Insert TODO Item at Bottom

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Insert TODO Item at Bottom
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 13:07:00 -0500

One could use capture if always filing to the same basic tree. I
believe the default puts it at the end of the list, hence the
=:prepend= option.
-- http://orgmode.org/manual/Template-elements.html#Template-elements

I'm curious in this as well, as capture wouldn't work so well if
filing all over the place, though one could use refile in the capture
window to override the main tree setting.

My work org file has a main * Tasks heading as well as certain project
trees. I've sort of migrated to keeping almost all todos, regardless
of project in the main task tree, so perhaps you could setup a default
capture location for a majority of todos and then refile (which will
put it at the end) for the rest?

Just an idea.

John