Re: [O] Bug: source code editing using C-c ' (org-edit-special) eats cha

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: source code editing using C-c ' (org-edit-special) eats characters
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:31:54 -0400

Hsiu-Khuern Tang <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this has been reported -- a brief search didn't turn up anything.
>
> Start with this 3-line org file:

> #+begin_example
>
> #+end_example
>
> Do these steps:
> - go to the 2nd line
> - type C-c ' to edit the source example
> - type some text in the new buffer, such as "test"
> - type C-c ' to exit
>
> What I get is this:
> #+begin_example  test#+end_example
>
> Anyone else able to reproduce this?

Yes, although I cannot reproduce Myles's results with Org-mode version
7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-459-g6f7e92 @ /home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp).

It depends on what you type exactly: typing "test" with no extra
newlines produces the result above for me. If I add newlines, I get
"funny-looking" results with the #+END_EXAMPLE indented some.

Since it does not know a language, the buffer is in fundamental mode
and you get (modulo funny indentation perhaps) whatever you type.

Nick