[O] Header Jumping

From: tony day
Subject: [O] Header Jumping
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 00:02:22 +1100

> Esben Stien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is there some way to go directly to a node?
>>
>> F.ex, I have:
>>
>> * foo
>> ** bar..
>> ** baz..
>> ** hukarz..
>>
>> I do C-c a s to search for baz, which brings up a buffer with baz
>> somewhere in there and I have to move down the list to hit TAB on baz.

Whoever crafted org-refile thought ahead.  C-u C-c C-w selects and jumps to the
header selected rather than doing a refiling.

Just played around with that and =bookmark-set= and it works nicely with norang
settings eg

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
; Targets include this file and any file contributing to the agenda - up to 4
levels deep
(setq org-refile-targets (quote ((nil :maxlevel . 2)
                                 (org-agenda-files :maxlevel . 2))))
; Use full outline paths for refile targets - we file directly with IDO
(setq org-refile-use-outline-path t)
; Targets complete directly with IDO
(setq org-outline-path-complete-in-steps nil)
; Allow refile to create parent tasks with confirmation
(setq org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes (quote confirm))
; every header is a refile target
(setq org-refile-target-verify-function nil)
; use IDO
(setq org-completion-use-ido t)

  (defun org-jump ()
    (interactive)
    (bookmark-set "org-jumped-from")
    (org-refile t nil nil "Jump")
    (bookmark-set "org-jumped-to"))

  (defun org-jump-back()
    (interactive)
    (if (equal (point) (bookmark-get-position "org-jumped-from"))
        (bookmark-jump "org-jumped-to")
      (if (bookmark-get-position "org-jumped-to")
          (bookmark-jump "org-jumped-from"))))

  (bind-key "C-. j" 'org-jump)
  (bind-key "C-. l" 'org-jump-back)
#+end_src