Re: [O] OSX to PDF: Minimal Install

From: Chris Malone
Subject: Re: [O] OSX to PDF: Minimal Install
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 12:34:19 -0700

Hi Nathan,

As you've discovered, the PDF export option uses (pdf)LaTeX.  There are several ports of LaTeX available, although I'm not sure which is the most minimal.  If you are using some package manager like MacPorts or homebrew, you might check there for some LaTeX distribution, usually called tex-live.

Another possible option would be to export to HTML and then use some additional software to convert HTML to PDF.  I'm not sure how useful or pretty the results of this process will be, but it might be worth a shot if you don't want to use LaTeX.

Chris