Re: [O] OSX to PDF: Minimal Install

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: Re: [O] OSX to PDF: Minimal Install
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:54:32 -0600

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
> Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to convert org-mode documents to PDF using the exporter,
>> on OSX, but it appears that I'd have to download MacTex which is a 2GB
>> download.  Is there anything smaller that I could download in order to
>> be able to
>> export org documents to PDF?
>
> Install LibreOffice and follow instructions in this thread:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-09/msg00027.html

Hello Jambunathan,

I like this solution the best, as I already have LibreOffice installed.

However, I am having trouble following the instructions in that thread.

I cannot even get a simple .org file to export using the C-c C-e o
command -- I get the error message "Symbol's value as variable is void: err".

I have LibreOffice installed (on OSX) in /Applications/LibreOffice.
Some additional
information from Emacs/org-mode/org-odt is here:

OVERVIEW [2 times]
Export buffer:
Debug (org-odt): Searching for OpenDocument schema files...
Debug (org-odt): Trying /usr/share/emacs/etc/org/schema/...
Debug (org-odt): Using schema files under /usr/share/emacs/etc/org/schema/
Debug (org-odt): Searching for OpenDocument styles files...
Debug (org-odt): Trying /usr/share/emacs/etc/org/styles/...
Debug (org-odt): Using styles under /usr/share/emacs/etc/org/styles/
call-interactively: Symbol's value as variable is void: err
Export buffer:
call-interactively: Symbol's value as variable is void: err

I am using org-odt.el version 24.1 and org-mode version
7.8.11 (release_7.8.11-723-g0f3b6

I suspected that "soffice" was not in Emacs' path, so I added
/Applications/LibreOffice/Contents/MacOS to the path, but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
--Nate