Re: [O] [new exporter] what is the label syntax for LaTeX export?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] what is the label syntax for LaTeX export?
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 23:18:49 +0100

Hello,

Myles English <address@hidden> writes:

> If my org file has:
>
> #+CAPTION[Here is a table]: A nice table
> #+NAME: tab:niceone
> | a     |
>
> Look at my \ref{tab:niceone}.
>
> then M-x org-export-dispatch l L gives me:
>
> \begin{table}[htb]
> \caption[Here is a table]{\label{tab-niceone}A nice table}
> \begin{center}
> \begin{tabular}{l}
> a\\
> \end{tabular}
> \end{center}
> \end{table}
>
> Look at my \ref{tab:niceone}.
>
> So, the label tab:niceone exports as \label{tab-niceone}.  Is that right
> or am I using the wrong syntax somewhere?

The correct syntax is:

  [[tab:niceone]]

It will allow to move back and forth between the link and the target and
it will work across back-ends.

The new exporter comes with a cross-referencing system. Another example:

  1. item 1
  2. <<itm>>item 3

  As one can see in item [[itm]], ...

will be exported as "As one can see in item 2, ...".

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou