Re: [O] Need tip/suggesting:org-mode for note taking

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [O] Need tip/suggesting:org-mode for note taking
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 11:25:57 +0000 (GMT)

Da: 包乾 <address@hidden>

Inviato: Giovedì 8 Novembre 2012 10:58

Hi, 包乾,

> Hi emacser!

I'd say orgers.

> Emacs could handle org file quite well, but WITHOUT emacs, on windows pc,
?-)

I have been using Emacs on a Windows PC, without Administator privileges,
   both under XP and Windows 7, since 2005.

>  I don't know how organize all my contents when it become more and more.

- you can use tags:
   please copy this text in you Emacs:

(info "(org)tags")

go with the cursor at the end of the line and press C-x C-e; you can read the

Org manual.

- and also internal links in your file

(info "(org) internal links")

> With a hand writing notebook, I have physical "pages", in Microsoft Word,

> I also have virtual "pages".

> In org-mode org file, I don't. It's like my org file is a endless roll of
> toilet paper

You can use headlines

(info "(org) document structure")

> 3. Hard to import pictures, web pages...into org file.(In fact I don't know
> how).
you can't import but you can have links to them:

(info "(org) hyperlinks")

Hope these useful tips regarding info will help:
But `i' (M-x Info-index) will really make your life easier.
  `l' Info-history-back
  `L' Info-history
  `]' Info-forward-node

cheers,