Re: [O] How to customize the heading definition in org-mode

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: [O] How to customize the heading definition in org-mode
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 10:38:41 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Avner Moshkovitz <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to use a lisp file (the .emacs file) in org-mode. This will
> help me to navigate through sections of the .emacs configuration file.

I do so with the following setup:

I have a minimal init.el file in my ~/.emacs.d directory.
It basically looks like this:

(require 'cl)

;; Load Path to org and babel
(setq load-path (cons "path/to/elisp/org-latest/lisp" load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "path/to/elisp/org-latest/contrib/lisp" load-path))
(setq load-path (cons "path/to/elisp/org-latest/contrib/babel/lisp" load-path))

;; modules got to be set _before_ org is loaded
(setq org-modules '(org-bbdb org-bibtex org-gnus org-info org-jsinfo
                    org-irc org-vm org-w3m org-crypt org-learn
                    org-collector org-habit org-depend org-timer))

;; load up Org-mode and Org-babel
(require 'org)
;;(require 'org-babel-init)

;; Load my .emacs
(org-babel-load-file "path/to/emacs.org")

That last org-babel-load-file bit actually loads my other settings.
(see http://memnon.sdf-eu.org/emacs.html
     http://memnon.sdf-eu.org/emacs.org for an example)

> I looked for an equivalent to this in org-mode but couldn't find a way
> to customize the heading definition.
>
> Is there a way to do so?

AFAIK, the * is a fixed part of the org syntax and is not customizable.

hth
Memnon