Re: [O] automating incrementing of date stamps

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: [O] automating incrementing of date stamps
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:10:56 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, Michael Brand wrote:

> Hi Jude
>
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Jude DaShiell <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have a table set up with the first column being a date column and I put
> > a date stamp of <2012-11-10 Sat +1D> in for the first date.  I figure to
> > use the table to log events not in any todo context.  Does some way exist
> > when I tab into the next row of the table that <2012-11-11 Sun +1D> would
> > appear in the first column automatically? and continue to do so for
> > subsequent additions of rows in the table?  I'll probably need to put a
> > vmean entry in for another column but I've got help from this list doing
> > that before with another table.
>
> S-<RET> (org-table-copy-down) on
>
> | <2012-11-10 Sat> |
>
> fills the cell below point with the next day:
>
> | <2012-11-10 Sat> |
> | <2012-11-11 Sun> |
>
> For integers the increment is derived from the current cell and the
> one above. For dates the increment is always one day.
>
> Michael

jude <address@hidden>
Adobe fiend for failing to Flash

if S-<ret> means hold the shift key down then hit return, in emacs
org-mode 7.9.2 this key combination did not increment the date stamp.
When I keyed in the date stamp, I did it by hand keying in all of the
required characters myself since a couple of the dates are already in the
past.  Could that have prevented proper date incrementing?  Could I get
around this block by entering the first date stamp as <today -2d> and then
trying shift-return from there on out to get the other needed dates in the
log?