[O] OT: Tracking progress of LaTeX/PDF output pages (was: Suggestions fo

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] OT: Tracking progress of LaTeX/PDF output pages (was: Suggestions for progress tracking)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 12:29:00 +0100

Hi!

* Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm starting another novel translation, and want to keep track of
> progress in org (I've blown too many deadlines in the past).

This is a bit OT here, but I wanted to share how I kept track of the
progress of my LaTeX PhD in number of pages.

https://github.com/novoid/vklatex-page-stats-from-git.sh

Basically it checks out every git commit, compiles the PDF document,
and logs the number of pages of the resulting PDF. This log-file can
be parsed using «grep» and then you can derive histograms and such.

It has nothing to do with Org-mode but probably someone finds it
useful as well.

--
Karl Voit