[O] using local.mk to maintain a local git branch

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: [O] using local.mk to maintain a local git branch
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 10:12:13 +0800

In the Org FAQ, under the "How can I keep local changes..." section,
there's a note saying that the config local:rebase options are no longer
needed under the new make system, and something equivalent can be done
using local.mk configurations.

I'm not terribly conversant with Makefiles, but is the following
correct? Given that I have a local branch called "local", and like "up1"
as my standard make target, my understanding is that "make myup" will
perform the up1 installation, then execute my rebase command.

oldorg: up1 # Update from git, build, check, but don't install

up1 myup::
        git rebase master local

If this is right, maybe we can add an extra line or two of explanation
to the FAQ?

Thanks,
Eric